Dieteasily.com is sponsoring an evening on
This will be the first of three evenings on the subject of fermentation and will cover:
- Preparing and taking care of a sour dough starter
- Making a no-knead wholemeal sour dough bread
- Making a no-knead sour dough bread with wheat sprouts (includes making sprouts and grinding them without a flour grinder)
- How to soak and ferment grains to increase nutrients and remove anti-nutrients
- Making a gluten free fermented pancake batter using whole brown rice
Location: 811 Mt Cargill Road, Waitati. More parking further down drive at 813.
Time: to be advised
There will be no charge, but a small charge will be made if you wish to purchase pre-made sour dough starter or kefir grains.
The second evening will cover the fermentation of vegetables, vinegar and mustard
The third evening will cover-fermented drinks – kefir, ginger beer, and beer.
In the future we may do an evening on fermented dairy products – yogurt, labnah and feta cheese if there is enough interest.
Please note that the evenings will be filmed. RSVP Carolyn or Shana